Thursday, December 24, 2020

Christmas Eve Day Preppings

I started the day with excitement, happy to wake up early, have some coffee and get last minute details completed. I am beginning to realize that the idea of being completely caught up and able to relax seems more like a carrot forever dangling just out of reach. It may not be a goal I need to set for myself, but rather looked at like a blessing of things I "get" to do. What a blessing that I woke up able to complete my to-do list, have plentiful food to prep, and home to clean and amazing family to do it all for! Cheers to all the parents out there, doing last minute stuff, running around like chickens with our heads cut off, beating ourselves up for forgetting a tiny detail...we got this! Time to chill and enjoy these moments!

I baked the last two days but waking to a clean kitchen & after harnessing some energy from the espresso, made me try a couple more recipes. I thoroughly enjoyed playing Christmas music, baking and meal prepping.

Billy had a couple errands and took Tay along, she is pretty much always up for going along...I love that about her! While they were out and Blake was still sleeping, I went ahead and downloaded photos from my too-full phone to my pc and backed them up on an external drive for safe keeping. It always feels good to get this done, as pictures are my most precious earthly possession! Baking and backing up photos at the same time and I didn't burn a thing! Wooo hoo!!

Blake came down several times, to see if I needed help with anything, he is so sweet. He made some trips downstairs with stuff and then he even helped wrap the doggy gifts. He made sure to tuck a stuffed hoof bone into each gift so the dogs would know to rip into them..lol!

When they got back, Tay and I got to deliver a gift to one of our favorite families. Milo & Millie got to go for a ride while Taylor played Santa and sneak the gift onto their porch! My friend loved her gift, which was an ornament book of Jesus' many names. I knew, the moment I saw the book that I wanted to give them one and I actually bought me one too..lol. I love it! 

Billy made candied bacon and I made pinwheels and cream cheese pickles, along with a meat/cheese tray..that was all, simple this year and ready for Christmas Eve fun!

No comments:

Post a Comment