Tuesday, November 8, 2016

2016 Election

During much of this election process between Hillary Clinton and Donald Trump, I have done all that I could to avoid it. I tried not to turn on the news, I tried not to get into political debates, I have even had to tune Billy out at times because he wants to inform me...sometimes I just don't want to know. We have been praying about the candidates for quite some time and eventually came to the conclusion that we would support Trump. I started to pay closer attention to the election as the weeks grew nearer. It was a good thing and a bad thing, because as you gain knowledge, you also get sucked in to the negativity that comes along with it. It was a vicious cycle because I wanted to be able to make an informed decision, and more and more scandal was being aired in the media, it definitely took a toll. The more important I knew our decision had become, the more it hurt my heart to see all the hate around our nation, it literally started driving me to tears. This was the year that both of my children learned more than I wanted them to know...during a debate Roe vs. Wade came up and they asked what that was...I began to redirect and tell them they didn't need to know but I knew they could find out on their own so I told them what an abortion was. I hated it, I wanted to water it down, but I couldn't, how do you "water down" or make mild of a baby being killed?! So they know, they know not to discuss it with their friends, they learned from me...not the internet, not their friends. It was a sad night I will never forget. Anyways, Billy and I stayed up most of the night on election night, watching and praying as the nation continued to light up "red" state by state. No one could believe how an outsider could march in, have media and basically everyone against him, and still be winning, vote by vote. People from all over the world were kneeling in prayer for our nation. Again, I was brought to tears, humbled at how many care for our nation, when even us Americans take it for granted. It was after 2am when the results came in that Trump won! I was thankful to God, for giving our country a chance to come back, I was saddened for the other half of our country that would be feeling their loss. This was nothing short of a miracle. God Bless America!
                                           

 

No comments:

Post a Comment