Tuesday, February 15, 2011

Time out for a movie and a good cry

Monday, I could tell that it was the first day back to school after a prolonged "snow day" vacation...it was difficult for us to wake up, get ready, and get to school on time.  By the time Taylor and I headed to pick Blake up, we were both exhausted and cranky...Blake was no different. 

I thought the kids might be coming down with a cold or something, because of how emotional and moody they both were...Billy is busy with the boat show, so I decided to skip making dinner and just order a pizza.  We had our pizza and all three settled in our big comfy chair to watch "Where the Red Fern Grows".  It was on TV and was my favorite book ever!!

I know this might not seem like a BIG deal...easy dinner and movie with the kids, BUT....for us, it is!!  I cannot tell you the last time I watched a movie with them...I always plan to, but the movie barely begins and I run around to clean, do dishes, fold the last load of laundry, check my email, answer the phone...etc...  This time, I literally sat with one kid on each side of me...my arms were around them (i couldn't even wipe my own tears from this heart-wrenching movie), and we all "watched"...the WHOLE movie!!  We all cried, talked about the events afterwards and then cuddled up in bed together and was asleep by 8pm!  That was an easy early night that we all needed!

No comments:

Post a Comment