Wednesday, August 17, 2011

My boy is growing up

Yesterday, as we got his backpack ready and all the new paperwork filled out for second grade, he looks at me and says, "Gee, Mom...I'm sure gonna miss you. It's almost like I'm gonna be gone ALL day nowadays." I agreed, and told him that I'd miss him too. I thought that was sweet...I just love these little bits of my sweet boy that peek through, from time to time. They become fewer and fewer as he grows up, it seems.

Last night, I took Blake up to bed 30 minutes early to read, he gets to read to me now, so that was different, and as he read, I realized how much he has grown up just over the summer. As he reads his Diary of a Wimpy Kid book, he no longer pauses at big words, he reads like a little pro! I am so proud of him!

We had the best night ever, as he was reading, he got to this part of the book where the big brother tells the little brother that if he eats a watermelon seed, it will grow a whole melon in his belly, so he refuses to eat this food, claiming that it's just not worth the risk, then Blake and I look at the picture together and crack up laughing so hard we were both crying...the "wimpy kid" is standing there on the first day of school holding their books and he has a huge prego-looking belly!!!! I have no idea why I just wrote about this, but it made the whole night great...anytime you can laugh that hard together, it's a great time :)  He actually read ME to sleep, when I woke up 20 minutes later, I had to get him to put down his book and go to sleep...he was so "into" the book, he almost forgot to sleep...lol! 

No comments:

Post a Comment