Monday, July 23, 2012

Fresh Pico De Gallo

One of my very favorite things to make is fresh pico de gallo! 

6 tomatoes
1-2 green bell peppers
1/2 large red onion (or more)
1-2 jalepeno peppers (leave the seeds/ribs if you like it hot)
juice of 1 lime
2 cloves garlic
cilantro to taste
optional: 1 Tbs Accent, fresh ground pepper, pinch sea salt, 1 Tbs olive oil, 2 Tbs. white vinegar - I add all of these to mine!

Sometimes I just dice everything up by hand to go for a thicker, more rustic salsa, and sometimes I put it all in my mini chopper and pulse to a finer salsa...either way...YUM !! Taylor literally eats it with a spoon!!! OR you can serve with baked whole grain tortilla chips OR I make my own chips by using whole wheat tortillas, lightly rub with olive oil, sprinkle with sea salt, and broil in oven until blistered and crispy, break into pieces and dip !!

No comments:

Post a Comment