Thursday, December 1, 2016

Outdoor Decorating- Let's Light up our World

We got the kids involved in the outdoor decorating again this year, we even let them have some latte first! I think we're crazy! I like to tie the advent scripture into this activity, usually printing about Jesus being the "light" of the world, so let us go light up our outdoor world to show Him our love. I love making fun stuff part of advent for the kids to look forward to.

Last year, it wasn't as fun as I had hoped it would be for the kids because Billy and I struggled to locate the correct cords and connections. This year I prepped a couple days prior and had all the hard work done before the kids joined in. The cords were run, all they had to do was decorate the shrubs with lights and plug them in. I tried really hard to let them use their creativity to decorate without "fixing" them to be even or the way I like them..lol. They did a really great job! We may have to get a bit more creative next year because we are removing the shrubs at the corner of the house. The kids decorated, ran around and even did some dabbing and wrestling moves on each other. lol.





No comments:

Post a Comment