Wednesday, May 2, 2012

End of Year Tears

Blake got a paper in his backpack reminding us of the upcoming year-end parade that they do on the last day of school.  First off, I cannot believe that it has been yet another year...this paper just made me realize how close 2nd grade is from being over.. 

Blake even mentioned, the other night, that it sure seems like 2nd grade has flown by...that's pretty bad when your 8 year old thinks time is flying!  This year has been particularly special, his teacher has been amazing, I have gotten to know some of the other Mom's, and his class has just been great...both, Blake and I are really gonna miss 2nd grade.  :(



Back to the reason for this post...this letter we got from school today talked about what this special parade means.."for students it signifies a march of triumph, celebrating the end of one grade and marking the transition to the next."     After the parade, instead of just going home, the kids go back to their classrooms to have ice pops, giving the teacher and students time to say their final good-byes and to enjoy the last bit of time as classmates.   

I don't know why I'm so emotional about this but I just don't want my kiddos to grow up so fast...

No comments:

Post a Comment