I could see Blake waiting at the classroom door as I walked in. He ran up and hugged me, then lead me in. He pulled out my chair and tied a handmade corsage onto my wrist...the perfect gentleman. He offered me water or punch and just kept on smiling.
He offered me a gift that was specially wrapped...it was a personally crafted tea cup...I poured my water into it and drank from it! I love it!
|Blake with his buddy, Kyler|
Then, his teacher had arranged a guessing game to play. The kids had drawn portraits of their Moms and had written facts on the back about us! Mrs. Hakenewerth read the facts as we listened and tried to guess which Mom it was about! It was the cutest game ever and it made me cry to hear some of the facts about their Moms...some were sweet, some were silly, and some were downright hilarious! I didn't guess mine right, but I loved reading the facts he wrote about me...
|Mrs. Hakenewerth has been the best teacher ever, Blake and I are both|
going to miss her so much!
1. My favorite book to read with my mom is DIARY OF A WIMPY KID.
2. mom's favorite tv shsow is HOUSE HUNTERS AND DR. OZ (funny that's what he thinks!)
3. If my mom won the lottery she would BUY VISALUS SHAKES (have I brainwashed my kid?!?)
4. An expression my Mom always says is PLEASE.
5. my mother always gets angry when I'M BAD.
6. My mom doesn't like to CLEAN. (guess I'm not fooling him!lol!)
7. My mother's favorite foods are VISALUS, CHOCOLATE and SALAD (i sound bipolar!)
8. I like my mom to cook CAKE & ICE CREAM b/c it's so delicious
9. my mother's favorite restaurant is O'CHARLEY'S
10. if my mom had a ticket to anywhere in the world it would be to FLORIDA
11. my mom has a funny habit of ONLY DRINKING VI SHAKES (I'm sending this to the company)
12. My mom really looked beaurtiful on HER WEDDING DAY
13. my mom looks funny on the day she WOKE UP BAD
14. In the good old days mom used to PLAY WHATEVER SHE READ.
15. I make my mom happy when I CLEAN MY ROOM
16. My mom doesn't know about the time I STOLE COOKIES, CANDY AND A LITTLE BROWNIE FROM THE KITCHEN.
17. when she has free time she like to TALK ON THE PHONE
18. my mom's pet name for me is BUBBY
19. My favorite thing to do with my Mom is READ WITH HER (awwww..we will do that more)
20. The best advice my mom gives is TO TURN THAT FROWN UPSIDE DOWN
After the game, his teacher put a book on the projector and read to us. The book was "Love You Forever" I was crying so hard, of course I was getting embarassed and Blake just hugged me and smiled, he knew that I would cry... he kept making trips back to the beverage table to get me napkins for my eyes.
Watch this 5 minute video book and you'll see why I couldn't stop crying...
After we cried our eyes out, we all headed to the gym to watch a performance by all of the 2nd graders...they sang to us, it was adorable. Progress South Elementary really went all out to make sure us Mom's are appreciated...I hope they know how appreciated they are...I love Blake's school. The entire day has been wonderful, I must say, this is one of the very best days of my life....I LOVE being a Mom!