Tuesday, May 15, 2012

Mother's Day Weekend

My gifts!  The fist thing Taylor did when she woke up was,
whisper "Happy Muvers Day"...that was a gift too!

This was the best Mother's Day that I have ever had in my life!  It all started with Muffins for Mom  at Blake's school.  It was the most precious thing ever!  On Saturday we took the kids to spend time with Aunt Sissy and Aunt Susie so that Billy and I could go to the Visalus Regionals in KC. It was an amazing event, but being away from the kids, makes me miss them, so I was happy to pick up my little kiddos.  We had had a super long day and night, but got up first thing in the morning and headed to church.  It was "officially" Mother's Day and the perfect place to be was at church.  The entire message, almost word-for-word, went along with what we had heard the day before at the company meeting, more signs that Visalus is for us.  Billy and I kept looking at one another...like really?!?


When I picked Taylor up from Sunday school, she had made me some beautiful gifts...pretty flowers and drawings.  She was so proud to give them to me!  Later that day, Blake handed me a hand-wrapped present...it was a copy of "Love You Forever", the same book that we read and cried about at the "Muffins for Mom"!  The best part was...what was inside...



"Happy Mother's Day
Sometimes you get discouraged
Because I am so small,
and always leave my fingerprints
on furniture and walls.

But everday I'm growing
I'll be grown up someday
And all those tiny handprints
will surely fade away.

So here's a final handprint
Just so you can recall
Exactly how my fingers looked
When I was very small."

For dinner, we grilled hamburgers with lots of veggies!  It was just what I wanted for dinner!  To end the night, we watched "We bought a zoo" for a movie night!  It made me cry too....I cried alot this weekend, but they were mostly happy tears, although I miss my Mom like crazy, my little kiddos didn't give me long to be sad...they sure made this day special!

No comments:

Post a Comment