Wednesday, September 11, 2013

Golden Arches Prayer

We rarely go out to each as a family, but this was a busy busy week. We had had activities each night this week, and although I had tilapia and esparagus on the menu plan, time got away from us and we were exhausted, so...we decided to have dinner at McDonald's, before heading to our Wednesday night Bible Study.

We sat down at the table and before we began eating, Billy asked if Blake would like to say grace. Blake, without even a second thought, put his hands together, bowed his head and said one of his heartfelt dinner prayers. When we finished, and began to eat, Taylor, our 5 year old, said, "It sometimes feels weird to pray with all these people around", Blake immediately spoke up and said, "I know how you feel, but you get used to it and then it just feels like normal, something you just do." I chimed in and agreed with Blake, I do remember, in the earlier years of becomming a follower of Christ, that it did seem "weird" to pray in public, actually I remember the very first time we prayed over a meal in public...Billy made us say grace over our sandwiches at the Target Eatery! It definitely felt "weird", but that was years ago and I am ever so glad that I have grown.

No comments:

Post a Comment