Friday, December 3, 2010

My Driving Force

This afternoon, I went to do our weekly grocery shopping while Billy stayed home with the kids.  Everything was rushed and hurried, I too longer than expected and was about to make him late for work.  I rushed in the door, he rushed out the other...

After getting all the food put away, I went into my bedroom and saw a hand-written note on top of a book on my night stand.  It read: 

"Hello Honey.  I have started to re-read the Purpose Driven Life book and would like to have us read it together over the next 40 days.  I think if we read it together and share what we get out of each day we will get alot out of it.  I love you and enjoy our lives together.  Billy."

The book was,  The Purpose Driven Life by Rick Warren.  Inside the front cover it reads,  "Before you were born, God planned this moment in your life.  It is no accident that you are holding this book.  God longs for you to discover the life he created you to live-here on earth, and forever in eternity"

It asks you to read one chapter per day for 40 days.  Each day guides you through a spiritual journey to help you discover what God has planned for you.  My husband leads me closer and closer to God.  He is the driving force that keeps me headed in the right direction.  I am so appreciative of him and all he does for us. 

I WILL read this book.  I must admit that I have agreed to before and failed, but this time I am committed.  I am blessed to have both, God and Billy in my life.


1 comment: